Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To sleep, perchance to dream....

Not bloody likely! Having 2 kids has ruined me. First it was Anya and her year long nocturnal feeding habit (20 a day springs to mind), then I was lulled into a false sense of security with baby number 2 (slept thru the night from day 1) only to get the double whammy as soon as it could get out of bed on its own. Now I am doomed to listen out for the pitter patter of not so tiny feet. The door creaks open and Solveig stands right by my face staring at me until I pretend to wake up. Of course, if I steadfastly refuse to wake up, a good hard poke in the eye is also likely to elicit a response.

Now, in true Supernanny style I pick her up, and pop her straight back to bed, and she normally goes without a peep. So why get up in the first place? It's like she's just checking that we're still there. GET OVER IT!

Obviously the little mini-me goes straight back to sleep and is none the worse for wear next morning, while I have perfected the art of lying in bed silently grieving the thought of a good night's sleep. But not tonight! Oh no! Tonight I got up and made myself a cup of tea. BLOODY HELL! Not doing that again in a hurry! The cockroaches are the size of small rats in that there kitchen! So now I have a double case of the heebie jeebies and have retreated to the relative safety of the office. Better remember to buy a large case of Doom tomorrow.....

No comments: