Sunday, November 2, 2008

Why Germany Never Wins the Eurovision Song Contest...


Now that my ears have stopped bleeding, and I've had a glass or two of wine, I feel strong enough to update the blog on Hermann's latest cultural activity - restringing the Kistner family guitar and attempting to sing German folksongs. Gitty helpfully contributed by dusting off the guitar and a 40 year old song book and leaving them at our house with instructions for Hermann to practise. A very strange afternoon ensued, with Gitty & Hermann 'crooning' away at one end of the veranda while the rest of us pretended there was nothing strange going on. Even little Anya, whose bad taste in music is legendary, was reduced to tears after enduring one particularly horrendous rendition. I may well have nightmares tonight!

1 comment:

Hermann & Rosie said...

For everyone who would like to know how to tune their guitar - here is the website that Hermann used:

http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/

I advise earplugs!