Saturday, December 1, 2007

Is it a bird, is it a plane.....




No - it was Hermann, Rosie and Donna swinging through the trees at the Karkloof Canopy Tour! This was the highlight of our holiday - 3 hours of sliding down wires in between some very large trees. Also in our group was a film crew who were making a documentary on adventure sports in SA. They were under strict instructions not to film me, as I didn't fancy any shots of my arse disappearing through the trees, making it onto the telly. The slides were quite scary especially as I wimped out on the first big slide and put the brakes on. This meant I got stuck half way along and had to haul myself over to the other side - good exercise for the bingo wings but totally knackering. I also confess to having a small case of separation anxiety as the Froonchen had been left back at camp, but I needn't have worried as she hadn't even noticed we'd gone.

No comments: